A great fun and fund-raising day today. The day was to celebrate the members of the club and to also raise funds for the Daedo electronic hand scoring systems.We hope to be able to raise enough to get them for the competition in April and for September.
It was a richly rewarding event. There were 5 events with each age category: Peewee, Children, Junior, Senior and Veterans taking part today.
- Stretching – range of flexibility and the types and difficulty of stretches performed
- Basics – performing a range of punches and blocks as directed
- Patterns – performing a pattern and being judged on how well it was executed
- Kicks – demonstrating a high difficulty kick
- Shadow sparring – how well each contestant moved and executed kicks against and imaginary opponent
There was also a champions of champions contest for each event, where the gold medallist from Peewee to Veterans competed against each other to win the champions cup.
|Overall Stretch Champion: Michelle|
Basics Peewee Children Junior Senior Veterans
|Overall Basics Champion: Zaid|
Silver Logan Christopher Michelle Daryl Zainab
|Overall Patterns Champion: James|
Bronze Brandon Elaine Tom Adam Shaheen
|Overall Kicks Champion: Adam|
Overall Basics Champion: Zaid
|Overall Stretch Champion: Elaine|
In the next couple of days we should be adding some more photos.
If you have any photos that you would like to submit then send them in.